Westman Aphasia Inc. Brochure (2019)
Westman Stroke Support Group Brochure 2016
- Identity Theft: Rediscovering Ourselves After Stroke – Debra E. Meyerson, Danny Zuckerman, May 2019; available at libraries, bookstores and as audiobooks
- An award-winning book that follows Meyerson’s journey to recover from a severe stroke that initially left her physically incapacitated and unable to speak. It provides realistic expectations for the hard work needed to regain everyday capabilities and focuses on the less frequently documented emotional journey in recovery. Virtually every survivor is haunted by questions like: “Who am I now?” and “How do I rebuild a meaningful and rewarding life?” after losing so much of what they had before—capabilities, careers and jobs, relationships, and more. This book is full of hope for survivors—from stroke or other injuries—as well as their families and support networks.
- The Brain That Changes Itself – Norman Doidje, Penguin, 2007
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey – Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD., The Penguin Group, 2006
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home and School – John Medina, Pear Press, 2014
- Beyond Aphasia – Carole Pound, Susie Parr, Jayne Lindsay and Cecilia Woolf, Speechwork Editions, 2000